Nvidia today released new WHQL drivers. 266.58 promises quite a few performance gains for GeForce 400 and 500 GPUs. The new 265 family of drivers also adds support for the recently released GTX 570 and GTX 580 graphics cards.
Below is short summary of performance gains:
GeForce GTX 580:
- Up to 7% in Battlefield Bad Company 2 (1920×1200 4xAA/16xAF)
- Up to 12% in Battleforge (SLI 1920×1200 4xAA/16xAF Very High)
- Up to 11% in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (SLI 1920×1200 4xAA/16xAF)
- Up to 7% in Dirt 2 (SLI 1920×1200 4xAA/16xAF)
- Up to 7% in Far Cry 2 (1920×1200 4xAA/16xAF)
- Up to 5% in Just Cause 2 (1920×1200 4xAA/16xAF Dark Tower)
- Up to 5% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (SLI – 1920×1200 4xAA/16xAF)
- Up to 9% in Stone Giant (SLI 1920×1200, DOF on)
- Up to 8% in Unigine Heaven v2.1 (SLI 1920×1200 4xAA/16xAF)
- Improves performance in Final Fantasy XI on GeForce 400 Series and 500 Series GPUs.
- Adds ambient occlusion support for one of the most popular games of the year: Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty. Ambient occlusion improves the quality of lighting, shadows, and depth perception in many parts of the game. Learn more on GeForce.com.
Download the drivers here.