Version 1.01 of this beta patch is an attempt to address a number of issues in the game, like save game corruption on single-core CPU machines. Bioware stress that the patch is still in beta form and untested, so they urge people only to use it if they are experiencing any of the issues this patch is supposed to resolve. If you’re not having any of the problems below then it is recommended you wait for the finished version of this update.
The bugs are only affecting the PC version of the game. If you are playing on Mac, PS3 or Xbox you don’t need to be concerned. You can download the patch here.
From the Bioware forums:
What are the patch notes?
- Fixed save game issues on single core machines
- Fixed game asking for non-existent drives
- Fixed release control issues where some players were unable to unlock correctly
- Fixed a Steam-specific issue related to VO not playing after switching languages**
What does BETA mean?
- Users apply this patch at their own risk. In general, we recommend you only download and apply it if you are affected by the specific issues listed in the patch notes.
- **Steam does not support BETA patches. Steam users will have to wait for the final non-BETA patch before they can take advantage of these fixes. We’re working on it but, unfortunately, this will not occur in time for the weekend.
Don’t forget to grab the high-resolution texture patch released by Bioware a few days ago. This gives users with a DirectX 11 PC updated higher-resolution textures than those shipped out of the box.
New game releases for the coming week March 14 – March 21
Batman: Arkham City coming October 21st
New TF2 flavoured movie trailer hits YouTube
Dragon Age II High Resolution Texture Pack Available