Apple have rolled out iTunes 10.3 which includes a beta of their upcoming iCloud, Apple’s online storage solution.
iCloud, which is a replacement for MobileMe will not have full functionality until a later release but some of its features are being introduced now; like ‘Automatic Download’ to ensure all your music, apps and everything else you purchased from iTunes is downloaded/synced to all of your devices running version 10.3.
This new release also lets you download previously purchased material (at no extra cost), depending of course if the music, app or whatever it may be is still available. For more of the nitty gritty head on over to Apple’s support page.
Download iTunes here (64-bit version here).
Facebook chick tattoos 150 “friends” on her arm
Chrome 12 ‘safer and snazzier’ out now
Carmack planning RAGE sequel
RAGE trailer ‘The Shrouded’ hits YouTube
Mass Effect 3 coming March 2012
Ubisoft announces Far Cry 3
Valve streams Saxxy Awards live tomorrow
No personal data lost in Lulz Nintendo hack
Apple has released an update to their popular iTunes software, bringing the media player up to version 10.2.2.12.
This small update fixes a number of issues including a problem with hanging while syncing. Some users have been experiencing hanging issues with their iPhones and iPads while using iTunes to sync their devices.
There are also a number of security exploits that have been plugged. If you haven’t been prompted to download the new iTunes from your desktop, grab the manual download here.
About iTunes 10.2.2
iTunes 10.2.2 provides a number of important bug fixes, including:
- Addresses an issue where iTunes may become unresponsive when syncing an iPad.
- Resolves an issue which may cause syncing photos with iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to take longer than necessary.
- Fixes a problem where video previews on the iTunes Store may skip while playing.
- Addresses other issues that improve stability and performance.
iTunes 10.2 came with several new features and improvements, including:
- Sync with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 4.3.
- Improved Home Sharing. Browse and play from your iTunes libraries with Home Sharing on any iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 4.3.
Nvidia rolls out WHQL-certified 270 drivers
Is XP Good Enough?
Is Windows 7 finally overtaking XP?
Google puts video website out to pasture
Google updates Chrome with Flash Player fix
Vista may whine but it’s stuck with IE9
Windows 7 Home Premium for as low as $99
30 handy apps, all free and weighing under 2MB
Flash exploit being fixed tomorrow, says Adobe
Another critical Flash Player exploit in the wild